Tracking Sharks and Rays in Florida (2023)
Here are some highlights of the trip:
- Tagged black tip sharks off the Florida coast.
- Assisted with the measurement and release of two rays.
- Experienced the frustration of multiple near-misses, with bait being eaten but not fish on the line.
- Experienced the misery of motion sickness!
- Behind the scenes tour of the Mote Marine Aquarium.
- Worked with scientists on proper protocol for collecting data.
- Observed wildlife in their natural habitats, including manatee.
- Explored beaches looking for fossilized shark teeth.
- Met many scientists.
- Spent every night watching the sunset on the beach.